Tuesday, November 24, 2009

...he's tall enough

so janine showed me this video a couple days ago. its a short indie film that barry jenkins, the same guy who made "medicine for melancholy"

Its about interracial love..but at the same time not really. it is so beautiful to see the couple interact with each other. i am a lush for love stories and this one takes the cake. after all the failed relationships i see around me, seeing this cute little movie gives me hope that love is still alive. i've never been in a relationship and i see so many of my friends and people at school in stupid little immature relationships. i can't wait to find a super cool guy whos quirky and cute, and loves and respects me..and i wouldn't mind if he was an asian hottie.

on the note of interracial relationships...it kills me when people make a big deal out of them. i think that it is so important to just find someone who loves you and really accepts you for who you are. that's why i get so pissed when i hear my mom say it kinda makes her cringe when she see's young upstanding black men marrying women who are not black...generally our white female counterparts. in this world we live in i highly doubt god is concerned with which race is procreating with which. i think he just wants his children to be happy and in a relationship that is built on trust, respect, and love for jesus. janine was telling me about her friends theory that in order to build strong black communities we need "strong black couples"....idk about that. i guess i see where shes coming from, but why does there have to be that division to create a strong black community. i think that the world needs to start focusing on building strong relationships that will last forever and set good examples for younger generations...rather than keeping it all in the family and maintaining our pure blood lines...idk maybe im naieve but i hope a beautiful relationship lies in my future with a man who truly loves and respects me and i dont care why his race

any who im off my soap box now...and after looking at this vid again i saw this other movie in the related vids sections...it looks really cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment