Tuesday, November 24, 2009

...why haven't I seen these movies

i am pretty much a self proclaimed movie buff among many other things..
and for some reason movie marathon has been on the brain recently.
so here is my list of movies i will be making a point to see sometime soon.

"Raising Victor Vargas"


I saw a still from this movie on another blog (The Clearance Aisle). I know I have heard of it before, but didn't really know what it's about. After seein the preview I have decided that I have to see this. It seems like a really cute love story which I'm always up for, plus I love things that talk about latino culture. the public library doesn't have it (those heffers)..so I guess I'll have to blockbuster this one.

"The Godfather Part II"

I started this movie some time ago, when I was really getting in to catching up on my classic movies. I never finished...i forget why, but it probably had something to do with overdue fines at the library or something. but i didn't get too far, and i really need to finish it. i love the first one. sonny corleone is a g!

"My Fair Lady"

to be honest I don't really know what this movie is about. I just know it has something to do with "the rain in spain..." and something along those lines. any who audrey hepburn is in it, and its a classic. it looks really sweet, and i almost rented it at the library( i spend quite sometime there) today, but for some reason i can't recall i didn't.

"Medicine for Melancholy"

I've been on this movie for a while now. I really want to see it. it's by this up and coming black director, berry jenkins, and it just seems so epic. idk maybe its because at heart i am the two characters(minus the premarital sex one night stands)...meaning the odd ball kid in a city i love and dislike at the same time. but i think its gonna be a good tale that addresses race relations and possibly urban development with a cover as a love story...plus i love how micah( the guy) is doing the finger tooth brush..

...thats all i can think of right now...but i did make a stop at the library today and picked up

-Gotham Knight ( an animated batman cartoon, haven't watched it yet, but im a little skeptical of its non DC animation)

-Half Nelson

-Guess Whos Coming for Dinner

-Just Another Girl on the I.R.T (and yes this title did help inspire the name for the blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment